Guido Peterssen, aQuantum COO, will give a lecture on the subject “Present and future of quantum software” in the Spring 2023 Lecture Series organized by School of Computer Science of University of Castilla-La Mancha (Escuela Superior de Informática de la UCLM), with talks by recognized experts in their areas of expertise.
The program of the lecture series is as follows:
22 FEBRUARY – Tomorrow is Today: Metaverse and Artificial Intelligence. Pedro Mújica (Expert in AI and Metaverse, Technohumanist).
8 MARCH – Present and future of quantum software. Guido Peterssen Nodarse (Founder of aQuantum & CEO, R&D Director of alhambraIT).
15 MARCH – What is the difference between a good engineer and a successful engineer? Persuasion. Juan José Escribano (Professor, Francisco de Vitoria University, Madrid).
22 MARCH – Oracle Autonomous Database: The only self-managed database. Pedro Yagüe Alonso (Director Consulting Expert, CGI).
12 APRIL – In search of the lost graph. CLARA GRIMA (Professor, University of Seville).
In his lecture Guido will address some relevant aspects of quantum software:
- The new paradigm of quantum computing and the degrees of maturity of its adoption.
- Quantum illiteracy, some practical ways to overcome it and the quantum labor market.
- The most determining factors for developing quantum software (quantum computers and simulators, quantum programming languages, quantum software development kits, development platforms, etc.).
- The importance of applying Software Engineering best practices to quantum software development.
- The coexistence of classical IT with quantum IT: development of hybrid quantum/classical software systems.
- Quantum software applications
- The impact of quantum technology on the business of software development.
Guido’s lecture invites to reflect about today’s emerging quantum job market, which offers unusual opportunities for future engineers and programmers who accept to face the scientific, technological and technical challenges implicit in quantum software design and development.