1. Who is responsible for processing my data?
aQuantum has appointed an internal DPO who you can contact for any matter related to the processing of personal data and the exercise of your rights. He/she is also the aQuantum contact person for customers who need to arrange third-party Data Controller contracts with us. To contact him/her, you can use the following postal and e-mail address.
Calle Albasanz 16, 4ª Planta.
CP. 28037, Madrid
Data Protection Officer contact: email@example.com
2. Why, and with what legitimacy, does aQuantum process my personal data?
aQuantum processes your data for the following purposes, in accordance with the following legal requirements (legitimations):
- 2.1. Customized commercial actions by aQuantum:If you authorise us, aQuantum can send you commercial information about products and services in our catalogue that fit your profile, interests and needs (by post, telephone, SMS, instant messaging applications, social networks, e-mail, web push or any other electronic or telematic means available at any given time) customised on the basis of profiles of your behaviour and interests, both from our own internal sources and from third parties (public and private files that meet the purposes of our relationship with you), browsing and/or internet and social media data that may be located inside and outside the European Union, enabling aQuantum to provide you with a more dynamic and technologically efficient service.
- 2.2. Commercial actions by aQuantum relying on third parties:Depending on the type of authorization you have accepted, aQuantum may send you, by any means (postal mail, telephone, SMS, instant messaging applications, social networks, emails, web push or any other electronic or telematic means available at any given time), commercial information about the products or services of other companies with which we may sign collaboration agreements, adapted to your interests and needs, or customised on the basis of your profile, taking into account both our internal and third-party sources, data on the browsing of our website and public Internet or social media browsing sources located within and outside the European Union, enabling aQuantum to provide you with a more dynamic and technologically efficient service.
- 2.3. Management of the operation of products and services:Depending on the type of authorization you have accepted, aQuantum may send you, by any means (postal mail, telephone, SMS, instant messaging applications, social networks, emails, web push or any other electronic or telematic means available at any given time), information regarding the products and/or services covered by the contracts, and from third parties involved in the services we provide in accordance with the purpose of the contract.
3. How long will aQuantum keep my data?
aQuantum will process your data as long as you give your consent. We will also keep them, duly blocked, for an additional period of 10 years. All this without prejudice to the obligation of complying with the legal limitation periods that may arise from each of the contracts you may sign with aQuantum (such as data regulated by the General Telecommunications Act).
4. To whom may aQuantum communicate your data?
aQuantum will not transfer your personal data to any entity without your express consent, unless we are legally bound to do so.
However, we will have the collaboration of third parties, service providers who may have access to your personal data, but who will process it on our behalf, following our instructions at all times, and always to provide us with the services we may have contracted in each case.
aQuantum uses strict criteria for the selection of its suppliers in order to comply with its obligations with regard to data protection and undertakes to sign the corresponding data processing agreement with them, whereby, among others, it will impose the following obligations on them: to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures, to process personal data for the purposes agreed upon and only in accordance with our documented instructions, and to delete or return the data to us once the services have been provided. We have various security procedures, reviews and audits in which suppliers are thoroughly assessed with regard to these commitments.
5. Do I have to keep my data updated?
To communicate with you properly, we ask that all information you provide is correct, complete, accurate and up to date.
Our clients are often business entities, and we use your personal information to provide you with information of interest to the company where you work.
Thus, if there is any change to the personal data you have provided or to your professional information, please inform us as soon as possible at the email address provided and by telephone at the numbers listed.
6. What are my rights when I provide my data?
You can exercise your rights of access, portability, rectification, opposition, deletion, limitation of processing and your right not to be subject to fully automated decisions through the following channels:
- You can send an email to the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can write to the Data Protection Officer at the following address:aQuantum
Calle Albasanz 16, 4ª Planta.
CP 28037, Madrid
- Or contact by phone at +34 91.787.23.00
To ensure that your rights and data are protected, we may ask you for additional information to enable us to verify that you are the person who wishes to exercise your rights over your data.
You can complain to aQuantum, especially when you have not been able to exercise your rights successfully, by writing to the above address.
At any time, especially if you consider that our response has not been satisfactory, you can contact the Spanish Data Protection Agency, as the competent supervisory authority, via the website: https://www.aepd.es